Who doesn't love saving money while saving the environment! Sounds like a win-win, and you can do just that by choosing LED light bulbs and fixtures.
Gone are the days of that horrible blue hue that we came to recognize. Now, LEDs are available that give the same colour of light that we have come to love from our old incandescent bulbs. LEDs are available in a huge range of styles, colours, and the prices have dropped significantly from when they were first introduced into our market.
Let's talk about some of the many advantages of choosing LED:
- Energy efficient: provides a high light output [lumens] while consuming very limited power [watts]
- Up to 50,000 hours of life: that is almost 6 years if left on 24/7, but averages out to closer to 20 years with normal bulb usage!!
- No mercury: unlike the outdated CFL bulbs
- Resistant to breakage: LEDs are much more durable than incandescent and florescent bulbs, and generally won't shatter if dropped
- Instant on: no more annoying start-up to full brightness!
- Dimmable: most LED bulbs are dimmable, however it's important to read the box or ask to ensure this. LEDs dim beautifully when the proper dimmer is used
- Life unaffected by repeated on and off
- Variety of bulb styles: from your standard light bulb to those beautiful vintage style light bulbs, LEDs are now available in pretty much every style, so you don't have to sacrifice look to save
For more tips, or for help sizing or selecting fixtures for your home, visit our lighting experts here in the showroom!
560 Windmill Road, Dartmouth